- In partnership with the AML/KYC Service Owner develop work management strategies ensuring SLAs and KPIs are maintained, trends are identified, and volumes managed effectively.
- Leverage dashboards and available reporting to maintain daily oversight of requests, measure analyst productivity, assess right first time rates, and develop any required actions based on findings.
- Be directly involved in the team's operations and lead by example.
- Undertake AML and Sanctions screening, beneficial ownership research, risk assessment, document verification, ongoing monitoring, and periodic review where necessary, and provide guidance to the team and In-Market personnel on these topics.
- Monitor office right-first-time rates to identify issues, trends, or training needs, providing feedback to the Service Owner to allow for follow-up engagement to mitigate risk and quality issues.
- Deal directly with In-Market queries, providing support for more junior members of staff.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- A recognized AML/Compliance qualification is desirable but not essential
- Proven experience of working in a professional services environment within an AML/KYC role
- Management experience with proven ability to build and lead a successful team
- AML/KYC SME with strong knowledge and understanding of AML/CTF/Sanctions regulations and requirements, and financial crime risks associated with the range of services in the legal industry
- Experience of AML/KYC/Due Diligence processes, vendors, and systems
- Strong communication, collaboration, and organizational skills. A self-starter, who is able to influence decision making for the benefit of the service and firm
Work Schedule: Regular shift (8am – 5pm)
Work Setup: Work-from-home