- Plan and execute all Board of Director meetings and committee meetings, including strategic planning; creating agendas and inviting the appropriate attendees.
- Comply with any filings required by regulators resulting from decisions made at the meeting.
- Support the business lines in all types of contract negotiations, drafting and reviewing relevant agreements, focusing on Implementing and improving standard forms, checklists and other control tools for efficiently managing legal risks of the company.
- Assist the business and other control functions in all types of insurance related legal matters, including, drafting and vetting insurance policies, information sheets, marketing material and participate in product development and approval committees.
- Independently manage the legal aspects of projects, particularly relating to digitalization strategies.
- Oversee litigious complaints, ombudsman and litigation matters.
- Provide legal advice at all levels of the organization with a focus on insurance law, general business law, corporate law and technology/data privacy related issues;
- Coordinate with the regional office and outside counsel on the above referenced matters as and when required.
- Perform legal monitoring and assist the compliance function in their risk assessment tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Juris Doctor from reputed university. Admission to the Philippines bar.
- The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified lawyer with 6-8 years post qualification experience working within the legal department of an international insurance company and ideally previous private practice experience in a top tier law firm.
- Have a strong legal background
- Have a proven ability to work well in and, if asked to do so, lead, cross functional teams
Work Schedule: Morning Shift
Work Setup: Work-from-home