- Take increased levels of responsibility to deliver support/guidance to assigned projects in the area of Noise and Vibration.
- Deliver both experimental testing as well as simulation.
- Deliver output in a timely manner inline with RDD Core Deliverables.
- Take higher level of ownership of relevant Specifications/Requirements for allocated projects
- Support departmental goals and long term technology road map. Plan and manage progress of actions, in order to deliver on time.
- Provide inputs to yearly goal setting.
- Be expected to proactively identify areas of improvement and to propose and implement improvements.
- Take ownership of personal career development by setting out immediate and long term plan together with line manager.
- Proactively communicate progress to line manager via 1-1 reporting
- Take ownership of personal career development by setting out short/mid/long-term plans together with People Manager.
- May be starting to contribute towards development plans & coaching of more junior engineers within own discipline.
- Should ideally be working towards Professional Accreditation (IMechE, Nafems)
- At least a Bachelor degree in Mechanical/Aerodynamics/Acoustic engineering or equivalent, preferred applicants to have a Master degree.
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical product design & development in the field of noise and vibration, preferably in the consumer electrical appliance industry.
- Higher level knowledge of acoustic engineering, mechanical vibration, signal processing, fluid dynamics and statistical analysis.
- Higher level experience in CFD software (eg. ANSYS Fluent, Star-CCM+, OpenFoam) would be beneficial.
- Experience on measurement hardware and software for data acquisition, such as B&K Pulse, HEAD Acoustics, MATLAB, and LabVIEW is preferred.
- Competent in the use and application of CAD/CAE tools in general. Experience in the UG and ANSYS suite of products is preferred.
- Ability to plan ahead and prioritise task, typically within a project team.
- Ability to manage technical risk with minimal supervision, covering risk identification, risk analysis, risk response and risk monitoring. Expected to understand the implications to other functions. Good understanding of FMEA techniques & able to contribute effectively to FMEA sessions.
- Demonstrate cooperation and interaction across stakeholders with similar goals, often managing familiar and less challenging internal customers.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback and coaching, and respond appropriately. Able to provide constructive feedback.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, Dayshift
Work Setup: Blended WFH (Onsite and WFH)