- Who shall strategically and systematically source, purchase, and ensure that timelines for routine, expedite and de-expedite requirements are strictly complied with in line with business needs. Continuously seek in improving material cost and initiate cost-saving measures. Enforce supplier compliance to material standards and specifications and maintain buying database.
- Protect supply requirements within the quality standards set
- Fully enforce on time and complete execution of all cycles of MRP to PO Routine closing of all open POs
- Sources packaging and raw materials and negotiates prices, and terms, giving the best profit and cost structure for the company using internal and external benchmarking
- Conduct supplier review and rating (RCA CAPA) and push for high supplier performance for quality and delivery
- Monitor suppliers’ compliance to company guidelines for purchasing set out by QA and Regulatory as well as material standards and specifications
- Handle relationship-building and negotiations with suppliers
- Performs price forecasting
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of Engineering, Business, Sciences or any Supply Chain Management course.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing company as buyer/purchaser for packaging background in cosmetics or pharmaceuticals will be a distinct advantage.
- Expertise in negotiation, souring and purchasing skills
- Keen attention to detail, discipline for routines and processes
- Solutions-oriented, able to think and act quickly - not bogged down by challenges
- Forward-thinker learns from challenges and is able to plan out for future
- Computer proficient with experience in supply chain software; with advanced MS Excel knowledge
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday
Work Setup: Work On-Site