- Performs identification of opportunities for continues tax improvements, innovates solutions and system/process enhancements for efficient tax management.
- Provide technical assistance to the Finance, Business Development, Supply Chain, Marketing Group, etc. to ensure 100% tax compliance and/or reduction of tax cost.
- Be responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) and selected international tax compliance. This includes responsibilities for all documentation; support and researching of any relevant tax issues, initial tax interpretation, impact analysis and recommendations.
- Respond to related tax correspondence and maintaining good rapport with the BIR, Local Government Unit (LGU), etc. .
- Be responsible for the preparation of the quarterly and annual tax provision and related tax accounting. Contributes in the effective management of tax audits, helping minimize assessments, by providing strong arguments and tax reconciliations.
- Ensure timely settlement of tax obligations, filing of required tax returns, other tax reports and pertinent attachments, including accuracy in the tax computation in accordance with the applicable tax regime
- Seek, perform and recommend process improvement on input VAT claims, ensuring complete documentation for maximum VAT refund
- Supports auditors with the execution of required activities
- Prepare and document financial statement tax provisions
- Handle review and reconciliation of all tax analysis and returns
- Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy or related course
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications
- Above average written and oral communication skills
- Above average analytical skills
- Familiarity with the Company’s policies and procedures
- Ability to make decision on scenarios/situations taking into accounts its impact to the Company’s interest
- Ability to deal with people regardless of position, status and discipline
- Prudent in handling sensitive and confidential information